Top 10 Uses for Restylane and Juvederm in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney
Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane are injectable fillers made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring complex sugar that your body is used to seeing—since it makes its own supply. Unlike collagen (which is now history), these substances do not require any skin test prior to treatment.
(Actual patient, Restylane injection 1 syringe to nasolabial folds)
HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane) are FDA-approved for reducing the depth of the nasolabial folds, the lines from the lower sides of your nose to the corners of your mouth. Many physicians also use HA fillers for a variety of other purposes.
Here are ten additional uses of hyaluronic acid fillers:
1. Reducing deep lines and grooves between the eyes (as an alternative or complement to Botox).
2. Reducing the marionette lines (between the corners of the mouth and the sides of the chin).
3. Filling the prejowl sulcus (hollow between the jowl and the chin).
4. Filling deep cheek lines (parallel to the nasolabial folds).
5. Filling deep vertical lip wrinkles (as an alternative or complement to Botox or Dysport).
6. Filling the tear troughs (concave area between the inner aspect of the lower eyelid and the cheek).
7. Augmentation of hollows below the cheek bones.
8. Lip augmentation (enlargement of the upper and lower lips).
9. Filling concavities of the nasal bridge.
10. Cheek augmentation (at the level of the cheek bones).
For more information about HA fillers and before/after photos, please see plasticsurgerydallas.com. I will also post information about hyaluronic acid pricing in an upcoming blog. Stay tuned…
Our cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery patients come to us from all over North Texas: Dallas-Fort Worth, Wichita Falls, Tyler, Duncanville, Desoto, Mansfield, Denison, Paris, Mt. Pleasant, Corsicana, Longview, and Cleburne.
Ronald M. Friedman, M.D.
Director, West Plano Plastic Surgery Center
Former Chief of Plastic Surgery, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas